Updated: Oct 29, 2022
1. Pre-order only.
2. Order form is open about 7 days advance.
3. To check the menu at "WR Curbside Order" page, please click a button with the date you search, and fill your info on the first page of the order form to go to the menu (second) page.
4. Complete the form.
5. Make sure you send the order form and receive the order confirmation by email.
6. We will send you an invoice in 24 hours.
7. Please pay within 24 hours from time the invoice is issued, to confirm your order.
8. We will send you order confirmation with your payment.
9. See you at the pick-up location!
PICK-UP TIME & LOCATION
Time: 6pm - 6:30pm (or a time designated)
Place: Foundation Kitchen
3 Washington Street, Somerville, MA 02143
Please call me upon arrival (my phone number will be provided after confirmation), and I will meet you outside the front door according to the kitchen's policy and COVID protocols.
New schedule will be up time to time at "WR Curbside Order" link , Facebook, and Instagram.
Possibly unfamiliar terms are defined below. Additional explanations and stories will follow in posts.
>Omakase おまかせ- Leave it up to chef. That is however only the simple definition. Omakase has a much deeper, and complex meaning which I will explain in a separate blog post.
>Chirashi ちらし- Sushi donburi, or box, with assorted sashimi fish and other ingredients on top of the rice.
>Sashimi Chirashi - An omakase chirashi. “Relatively” thin slice sashimi fish on a bed of sushi rice.
>Nigiri Sushi - It's a traditional form of Edo-Mae sushi. (Please forgive the inaccurate description since Edo-Mae only used Tokyo area ingredients. However, this is the only way to explain it in the US.) Not just fish slices on sushi rice balls. Moisture control, occasionally aging process is given to fish, to work well with seasoned rice. We also minimize seasoning and toppings to feature main ingredients' flavor.
>Soup - Boxes except new "Omakase Nigiri Sushi & Sashimi Set" don't come with soups. Soup (broth) portions are about 6 oz.
I hope this is enough for you to comfortably read our menu. Please give me your feedback to make this guide better.
Thank you very much!
Shyun Washoku by Washoku Renaissance / WR Curbside